We have two new positions available
We're recruiting a new Business Architect and a Sales and Retention Manager to join our expanding team at Criterion.
If you are interested in the roles detailed below, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Role and Responsibilities
- Gather information from a diverse set of industry stakeholders to identify, document and agree high- and low-level requirements arising from their data and process integration needs.
- Analyse and model the information gathered to develop a deep understanding of the processes and data involved.
- Communicate outcomes to internal and external stakeholders through Problem Definition Reports, Feasibility Studies, Business Requirements Documents, UML diagrams, Use Cases etc as appropriate, supporting documentation with presentations and discussions where required.
- Participate in and facilitate project working groups with industry representatives, to understand project drivers and agree mutually acceptable outcomes.
- Contribute to project and stakeholder management through accurate estimating, progress reporting, time recording etc.
- Understand and assess how existing Criterion propositions and the industry business processes that they support are affected by changes in industry dynamics such as legislation, regulation, demographics, technology and proposition development.
- Manage key relationships with Project Managers, Technical Architects and other Business Analysts in the team, to contribute to the overall success of the Development function; with Criterion’s customer community, for input to and approval of analysis reports, requirements documents and other analysis deliverables; and with Head of Standards for direction and escalation.
- Help maintain good analytical and architectural practice across all outputs.
- Provide sales support to Criterion’s Sales/Marketing, e.g. supplying supporting documentation, attending pre-sales meetings and industry events, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- At least 5 years’ experience of leading business process architecture / engineering, preferably within a financial services context.
- Education to degree level preferred but not essential.
- Proven inter-personal skills, including stakeholder management in customer-facing environments.
- Well organised and self-motivated. The candidate must be comfortable working as part of a small team or individually with external customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication, adapting as appropriate to deliver influence from front-line process practitioners to Board-level audiences.
- Ability to build coalitions of interested parties, identifying where collaboration can and can’t be achieved.
- Understanding of XML, JSON and OpenAPI technologies. Ideally experience of delivering change programmes utilizing these technologies.
- Additionally, would benefit from:
- Experience of UK financial services, particularly relating to investment management, investment platforms and / or occupational pensions.
- Experience of e-business or data integration environments, including service-oriented architectures.
- Project management/team leading experience. The candidate must to comfortable communicating complex solutions to stakeholders within a business context.
Sales and Retention Manager
The key requirement for this new role is to manage relations with our customers – driving loyalty and retention, whilst delivering new business. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for growing Criterion’s business through developing and closing new business opportunities to meet, and exceed, the revenue growth set out in the Business Plan. A competitive basic salary, plus bonus potential. The role will involve lots of contact with prospects and customers at their offices around the UK, so will therefore involve a significant amount of UK travel.
The following are key tasks the appointed Sales and Retention Manager will undertake:
- Develop, prioritise and brief proactive retention campaigns to marcomms team
- Retain customers and run an effective stakeholder management programme
- Drive sales and develop the sales pipeline
- Close new business opportunities
- Negotiate commercial contracts with new and existing customers
- Lead presentations/meetings (delivering demonstrations of Criterion’s capability and products) with prospects & follow up with contact
- Ensure new launches are successful and ensure new customers have a great experience when they use our services
- Exhibit at key industry events and conferences
- Report progress through to stakeholders through CRM system, to senior management team and Criterion Board
- Ensure Criterion win new customers and grow the business by meeting, and then exceeding, revenue targets
- Undertake other duties relevant to the company’s activities commensurate with the level of the post and as directed by the line manager
Key Skills and Behaviours
Put the customer first.
Both commercial and customer focussed.
Strong understanding / experience of the UK financial services market, especially Life Insurance, Pensions, SIPPs, Platforms and third-party administration services.
Sales & Retention
Demonstrative ability to retain customers - delivering new business sales from new and existing customers and to close new business opportunities.
Proven track record in stakeholder management, retention and winning new business.
Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
Communication (verbal, written, presentation) to be clear, friendly and compelling for the audience (at any organisation level).
Exceptional influencing skills.
Planning and Organisation
Work time to be managed effectively to achieve deadlines/desired outcomes - often based outside the office.
Work with colleagues as required to progress developments.
Able to function well independently, but a team player.
Bring new ideas to the team and think through business issues.
Demonstrate a tenacious, positive, can do attitude internally and externally.
Assist in the development and promotion of schemes aimed at attracting as wide a proportion of the market as possible.
Undertake competitor analysis and report findings as appropriate.
Contribute to membership campaigns / adverts / offers aimed at raising profile and maintaining the brand.
The candidate will have a significant track record of working as a high performing operator in a sales & retention function and have strong, demonstrable sales delivery experience. The candidate will have a proven track record of strong negotiation skills and commercial acumen in securing new business opportunities and retention of customers. While experience of working in either a not for profit or SME is not essential, the candidate should have some experience of working in a small organisation / team. Experience of the UK financial services market, especially Life Insurance, Pensions, SIPPs, Platforms and third-party administration services highly desirable.
Flexible to suit the requirements of the role, frequent presence in Criterion’s Edinburgh office and in major industry hubs (London, York, Bristol, Manchester etc.) is required. It is expected that the appointed Sales and Retention Manager will spend a significant amount of their time meeting prospective and existing customers, as opposed to being office based.