Origo was established with only 3 employees
First standard published
First Standard, Commission EDI launched to market.
Quotes & New Business and Declaration Approach
- 1997 Declaration Approach – first use of alternative to wet signatures
- 1998 New Business and Bulk Data Download first published
- 1999 Quotes – our first XML standard
Developing our Standards Library
We published a variety of standards from 2000:
- Remote Publishing (2000)
- Real Time % Bulk Contract Enquiry (2000 xml)
- Quotes & New Business v3.0 (2001)
- Occupation Codes (2002)
- Extranet Linking (2002)
- Remote Publishing (2002)
- HTTP Message Transmission Guidelines
- Single & Multi Account (2002)
- Commission XML (2002)
- Process Architecture (2003)
The Financial Services Authority was formed on 28 October 1997 but it didn't begin regulating the conduct of businesses until the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 came into force on 1 December 2001.
Legal Framework launched
We published our first Legal Framework Standard in 2004.
Pensions Simplification (A-Day)
Continual development of our Standards
- New Business Tracking (2008)
- Contract Enquiry Wrap Platform Accounts (2010)
- Remuneration Statement (2011 RDR)
- Quotes & New Business (2011 RDR)
- New Business Annuities (2012)
Flexible Integration Toolkit released
We launched our Flexible Integration Toolkit (FIT) in 2011. A group of standards, increasing speed to market and reducing development costs.
The FIT Standards suite provide the means to adapt a Standard to suit specific business needs.
Retail Distribution Review (RDR)
Auto Enrolment standards
Enhancing the Standards Library
Continued devlopement and enhancement of our suite of standards to ensure we meet the evolving needs of the industry:
- Auto Enrolment (2013)
- Legal Framework (ANP & AE 2015)
- Bulk Valuations (2018 CSV & XML)
- Legal Framework (GDPR 2018)
- Bulk Transaction History (2019)
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) was established on 1 April 2013, taking over responsibility for the regulation of businesses from the FSA.
The Criterion Standards were established over 25 years ago and underpin the exchange of data between organisations in the financial services industry. This makes it easier for product providers, platforms, administrators, portals and advisers to work with each other. Criterion is owned by industry companies.
In response to industry demand, the Origo Board decided in order to eliminate the perception of a conflict of interest between the services provided by Origo and its provision of Standards to the industry, a separate company should be created.
Criterion was created on 12 June 2017 and became custodian of the Standards.
And so we began on our path to independence.